On 18/05/16 19:18, Wither Slick wrote:

Did you ever get an answer? I'm really curious about this too.

On May 14, 2016 1:14 PM, "Tong Sun" <xubuys....@spamgourmet.com <mailto:xubuys....@spamgourmet.com>> wrote:

> On the XUbuntu lightdm login prompt, there is a selection in UR corner, of choosing XFce or Ubuntu.
>
> I had always been wondering what's the differences between the two, but never bother to ask before.
>
> Please help.
> Thanks
>

> --

"The xubuntu session differs from the xfce session in that it applies some of the xubuntu-specific enhancements to Xfce (themeing, wallpaper, some config changes, etc). Have a look at the files in the xubuntu-default-settings package." [1]

Sums it up.

To check it out - you could try Toz's suggestion from the same post [1]

"The best way to test and view the differences is to create two new accounts, and for one, select Xubuntu session and the other xfce session then compare. (You can also delete the ~/.config/xfce and ~/.cache/sessions folder between logins to reset xfce, but you will lose all customizations)."

regards

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2105703&p=12459424#post12459424

--
Xubuntu QA