On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 01:53:12 +0900
Thomas Blasejewicz <ny...@hb.tp1.jp> wrote:

> Personal message
> Good "morning" (1:30 am) from Japan
> Please excuse this intrusion, but I wanted to send you a personal
> message to thank you for your encouragement.
> You, and one more person, were the only ones (in over 8 years) that
> offered me some positive feedback = encouragement.
>
> However, after trying (not "trying" - desperately struggling) to get
> friendly with Linux for more than EIGHT years (probably thousands of
> hours of effort), I have now given up.
> When over 8 years of struggle still almost does not get me anywhere
> past the basically automatic installation of the OS, when the concept
> of "working in this environment" forever remains a utopia "over the
> rainbow" ... then the whole idea of using Linux is unrealistic.
>
> I envy the people who have no problems.
> Me .. problems were practically the ONLY thing I ever experienced. I
> presume, I am just not smart enough to use Linux.
> And I am really sorry, that I could not turn your encouragement into
> a success story, like me becoming a happy, skilled Linux user.
>
> But, I wanted to express my gratitude for your advice.

Hi Thomas,

Linux isn't for everyone, and there's no shame in giving up something
that's confusing you and burning up your time. I don't know anything at
all about Mac, but if you migrate to Windows, I've found the ##windows
IRC channel at Freenode to be very helpful.

Best of luck.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist