On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 1:24 AM, Dan Hitt <dan.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, first, what is the name of the GUI element that exists along the
> very top of the screen?

The top bar with the time, etc, etc, is a Panel.  Right click anywhere ->
Panel -> Panel Preference to make adjustments to the panel itself.

> I want to arrange the icons in a different order.

Right click any specific icon -> Move, will unlock that icon and "glue" it
to the mouse which can then be dragged along the panel to a new position
noted by a vertical bar in the panel for placement.  Left click to release
and place the item in the new position on the Panel.

-- Fred