A simple solution: install "wine", and all of these fonts are installed. Otherwise, you can install the MS fonts manually in /usr/share/fonts

François

On 01/15/2017 05:41 PM, John R. Sowden wrote:
I have been receiving this error message for about 2 weeks. It says:
The following packages requested additional data downloads after package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be processed. ttf-mscorefonts-installer

The data appears to be Microsoft brand fonds. I use Linux (Xubuntu 16.04). I run Libra-office for a program that might use these fonts. I do not use MS brand fonts, although my spreadsheets come up with Arial, which I must change to FreeSans.

When I "run this action now", it opens a terminal, asks for my root password and appears to try to download files with a .exe file type.

Thoughts?

John

--
François P. Rotzinger