Many thanks for your answer!

I used

apt upgrade  or  apt install Package

In both cases, the "archives" directory was purged immediately.

To keep the *.deb files permanently, one should probably add something like NumberName (as 10periodic) in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d

With Google, I was unable to find how to define new NumberName files and to get indications about the syntax. As I could see, this item is probably under development.

Best regards,

François