Hi David,

Probably you have already bought the laptop. So my reply might not be of any real help to you. I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Ubuntu 14.04 preinstalled. I upgraded it to Ubuntu 16.04 and then I switched to Xubuntu 16.04. I never had any problem with the wifi. I rarely use the bluetooth but it seems to work with both Ubuntu and Xubuntu. The brightness control works. Pretty much everything seems to work perfectly. And the best part is that the laptop feels snappier with Xubuntu on it.

Thanks,
Subhadip