I rely on Filezilla to transfer files to my hosting service but it no longer works. It fails at the very beginning, failing to connect. Much searching w/ Google turns up no answers. Nor does a tech support consultation with the hosting service. The failure is NOT due to wrong username or password as I can establish ssh connections from the CLI.

Konqueror also fails to connect and gives the following, more detailed error:

   The requested operation could not be completed

   Details of the Request:
   Date and Time: Thursday, June 01, 2017 04:18 PM
   Additional Information: kex error : no match for method kex algos: server
   [diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256], client

[curve25519-sha...@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1]
   kex error : no match for method kex algos: server
   [diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256], client

[curve25519-sha...@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1]

I note that I've gone so far as deleting all Filezilla-related files and re-installing it as well as deleting my known hosts file, to no avail. So I turn to this list in desperation. I would really like to continue to use Filezilla because it's fast and easy.

--
Roger
linux....@gmail.com