I passed on an IBM ThinkPad to a friend after installing Xubuntu 14.04. He
loves it. Problem is, updates fail. Looking on the CLI, I saw a disk-full
error. Having encountered similar situations in the past, looked and found many
old kernel-related files in /boot /src . . .. Deleting them showed >700k files
deleted. My friend never would've figured this out. And, Ununtu-tweak choked
and aborted.

1. Any ideas on how to fix this? End users should not have to face such an
obscure problem.

2. I personally consider this a bug, and long term. Not sure if it has
propagated forward to later versions. Not to forget that ubuntu 14.04 - after,
it's an LTS release - is supported thru 2019.
--
Sent from my Android device using K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.