On 11/07/18 16:09, raggmopp_2...@yahoo.com wrote:
Mods:
Please forgive I just sent this before subscribing.
Yours
Just performed a xubuntu update through
  software updater.
  I am not an experiences user, having
  problems finding the name of the update, or even my specific
  OS version (it is some type of 14, because my laptop is old
  and that is best matched for the laptop according to xubuntu
  experts).
  My firefox tabs crash upon opening, my
  Chromium tabs do not.
The tabs I had open before the update still work, just the new ones opened
crash.
  Any help would be very welcome.
  Thank you
Are you talking about this happening on tabs?

Gah! your tab just crashed

If so try this:

about:config

Ignore the warning about dragons or somesuch if you see it.

Set these both to false

browser.tabs.remote.autostart
browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2

See if that helps, if it doesn't change them back.

**