hi
and thank you for answering. You are right - it was indeed a long time,
to hear again with this htema.

No - I don't have a solution since that.
But I have realized that it is generally a very big problem with .mkv-
files from Youtube to download and - if sometimes goes well - to play
such files with VLC.

Only ONE file, I had downloaded from Youtube, runs with VLC on my
xubuntu-machine.
But I have always an actual Release because I make every 3 to 6 days an
update because of the security updates.

Think, this is a really bad experience with such .mkv-files from
Youtube.

Can it be, that .mkv-files - made from Windows-machines or Macs - has
own formats eq. special formats of .mkv ?

Anyway - I will try an enquiry directly to VLC - hoping to get any
answer or a solution ... ?

Thanks again for your answering

bye hans