On 16/05/21 8:19 am, Chris Green wrote:
On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 06:36:27AM +1200, Alex Johns wrote:
On 15/05/21 11:07 pm, Chris Green wrote:
I'm seeing the following errors in .xsession-errors on my recently
upgraded to 21.04 xubuntu system:-

dbus-update-activation-environment: setting
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus

      dbus-update-activation-environment: setting DISPLAY=:0
      dbus-update-activation-environment: setting
XAUTHORITY=/home/chris/.Xauthority
      /etc/X11/Xsession.d/30x11-common_xresources: line 16: has_option: command
not found
      /etc/X11/Xsession.d/75dbus_dbus-launch: line 9: has_option: command not
found
      gpgconf: running /usr/bin/gpg-agent failed (exitcode=2): General error
      gpgconf: fatal error (exit status 1)
      dbus-update-activation-environment: setting QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1
      /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90x11-common_ssh-agent: line 9: has_option: command
not found
      dbus-update-activation-environment: setting SHELL=/bin/bash
      dbus-update-activation-environment: setting QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1

The 'setting' lines are as expected but not 'has_option:  command not
found' nor the gpgconf one.  I don't see any of these errors on my
other system which is still running 20.10.

Looking at the X configuration in /etc/X11 I see that the has_option()
function has been moved and (obviously) for some reason the place it
has been moved to is either not being run at all or isn't being run
before the function is used.

I've searched and can't find any references to has_option() errors,
should I report it as a bug and, if so, where?

Is it worth using Synaptic and the fix broken option?
I know there are still issues with NVIDIA cards and Wayland, so much so with
my system I had to nuke it and do a reinstall from a usb key, after removing
the .cache and .config files from my ~/ directory.
Also with the terminal is it worth copying the bashrc files over from the
unbroken system?

The system works OK, I'm just wondering whether to report the errors.

I would, as it helps the Dev's to sort out these issues. To be fair I have now moved to Ubuntu-Mate as I was getting too many funny things happening with Xubuntu on my latest lappy.
cheers