To clarify....my panels are not missing. Sorry. I lost my customization to them and will have to rebuild them if I cannot find where that customization would have been stored. I have full backups of all files in my home directory going back daily for a month, so I can restore them if I know where those settings are stored. I did not back up my panel settings with the built in tool so that won't help. But the setting/customization of my panels must be stored somewhere on the system because they loaded after each reboot. Haha. Just can't fine where they are normally stored in order to restore them from my backup.