On 30/04/22 02:13, Ted Pomeroy wrote:
Xubuntu friends, It seems that the Preview in Cheese is indeed black and white and striated, but photos taken are in color and clear. Also camera with web conferencing is clear and accurate. So, I can wait for resolution of this issue and will also keep track of changes in behavior of the Cheese app. I use Cheese to test and tune the camera for conferencing, but will not do that for now. As the camera seems to work well enough, I will wait for feedback from conferences to see if the inuse images are okay.
Thank you, Ted P., Santa Fe, NM

I dropped Cheese in favour of Webcamoid which seems to perform correctly

cheersĀ  Chris