Hi,
Have you tried to reinstall xubuntu from a usb/dvd?
It should set up the grub automatically.
If your data is in a different partition, there should be no risk of
deleting it (but always do a back up first).

I have tried to repair a corrupted grub manually, but spent hours and did
not succeed. At the end I decided to reinstall.

Good luck.
Michele