On Mon, 2024-06-24 at 18:24 +0530, Ashish Upara wrote:
> I am inquiring about the support dates for Xubuntu 20.04 and Xubuntu 22.04 as
> we have developed a product that relies on these operating systems.
> Specifically,
>
> Could you please provide information on:
>
> 1) The standard support end date for Xubuntu 20.04 and Xubuntu 22.04.
> 2) Details about any extended support options available for Xubuntu 20.04 and
> Xubuntu 22.04, including the duration and coverage provided.
> Understanding these dates and options is crucial for planning the support
> strategy for our product to ensure its continued stability and security.
>
> I appreciate you taking the time to look into this. Please let me know if you
> need any further information from my side.

Hi,

do you need additional information, to the information available via the
Internet?

That's what I've found:

"20.04    End of Standard Support April 2025    End of Life April 2032
 22.04    End of Standard Support June  2027    End of Life April 2034"

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

"Expanded Security Maintenance (ESM)
 Ubuntu Base OS security coverage, Security updates for applications
and  toolchains in the Universe repository, Kernel Livepatch

 Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa)                 Until 2030
 Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)             Until 2032"

https://ubuntu.com/security/esm

"Main

 [...] the Ubuntu security and distribution team are willing to support.
When you install software from the main component, you are assured that
the software will come with security updates and that commercial
technical support is available from Canonical.

 Restricted

 [...] Please note that it may not be possible to provide complete
support for this software because we are unable to fix the software
ourselves [...]

 Universe

 [...] Canonical does not provide a guarantee of regular security
updates for software in the universe component, but will provide these
where they are made available by the community. Users should understand
the risk inherent in using these packages. Popular or well supported
pieces of software will move from universe into main if they are backed
by maintainers willing to meet the standards set by the Ubuntu team.

 Multiverse

 [...] This software is not supported and usually cannot be fixed or
updated. Use it at your own risk."

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories

It might be interesting for how long kernel.org does support the kernels
https://www.kernel.org/ and for how long the Civil Infrastructure
Platform (CIP) provides support
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/start .

Regards,