Gerald Bauer wrote:
Hello,

   I just got banned from the Yahoo! XAML group by Ron
DeSerranno (who leads the Mobiform XAML project) for
posting about MyXaml.

:-/

Allow me to repost Ron's answer to my post titled "Anybody tried MyXaml? Comments?". It might enlighten some Mozilla folks on the list.

well... when you will understand that you *mustn't* do confusion between all this acronyms and all this technologies that they represents (like you do when you call all XML-UIL technolgies as "XUL"), perhaps you will understand why you have banned from this xaml group...

I really think that everybody should call a cat, a "cat", a dog, a "dog", and so, "XUL", the mozilla technologie (not an other), "XAML", the MS technologie etc...

Your site is very cool, it's a pleasure to discover all XML-UI technologies.

But please stop doing confusion with all acronyms ! By your fault, all beginners are doing confusion. It's like : if you call everybody with same name, we can't know who is who.

It could be very cool if you change the name of your site, of the mailing-list etc... I think you will gain credibility and clarity in your discussion, on your site and on this mailing-list and other.

Here we go:

(couic)
Any comments from the Mozilla crowd? Does anybody
want to comment on what is REAL XAML or REAL XUL?

Well, i think it is *clear*

XAML : the XML-UI language of Microsoft
XUL : the XML-UI language of Mozilla
etc..