Hello,

  allow me to highlight the blog story titled "CSS and
Avalon's Styling compared" by Rob Relyea - Avalon
Architecture Team Member and XAML "Spec Owner".

  Rob writes:

  Nigel McFarlane wrote a DevX piece “A Standards
Based Look at XAML's Features”.

  I'd like to make a few informational points for
readers of that article and then have a place where
people can add comments/questions.

  Rob's comments include:

  1. HTML + CSS modeled most elements as setting a few
CSS attributes by default

  2. HTML + CSS allow you to define stylesheets to
avoid having to set all values directly on a tag

  3. HTML + CSS allow you to use inheritance of values
in the tree hierarchy

  4. Avalon's Styles & Property System is different
than CSS

  Full story @
http://www.longhornblogs.com/rrelyea/archive/2004/04/30/3278.aspx

  What's your take on it? Is Avalon XAML better than
the plain old HTML+CSS alternative?

   - Gerald