Hello,

I dynamically add instances of a prototype xul node to my document via
the cloneNode(true) and insertBefore methods. Everything works except that
every clone calls the same event handler although I explicitly set
different attribute values (e.g. in the oncommand attribute) before
inserting the clones in the document tree (the different attributes CAN
be appreciated in the dom inspector).

Here is a simplified example

1)Prototype

<button id="proto1" oncommand="" collapsed="true"/>

2) Two cloned and inserted instances

<button id="1" oncommand="alert('foo');" collapsed="false"/>
<button id="2" oncommand="alert('bar');" collapsed="false"/>

Depending on which button I hit first BOTH buttons return either foo OR
bar.

I uploaded this example at http://203.173.42.86/test/clone_test.xul

Interestingly if I make the prototype visible, it also shows the
message of whichever button I had hit first. It seems that the
prototype and its clones are somehow connected and reference only ONE
event handler function.

Any ideas? Using addEventListener is not an option since I can't set
different parameters for the handling function.

Thanks guys, Thilo