Hey Christophe, thanks for the answer.

The example you gave me does not work when wrapped by a setInterval call.

Here is the function in my javascript file:
***********************
1. function updateTime () {
2.     var win = document.getElementById("mywindow");
3.     var lbl = document.getElementById("mylabel");
4.     elapsed = elapsed + 1;
5.     var time = maketime( elapsed );
6.     win.setAttribute("title", time);
7.     lbl.value = time;
8. }
9. setInterval('updateTime()',1000);

*************************
The label is updated, but the title isn't.

Weird stuff:
- If I change line 9 to updateTime(), the title is updated but the label
isn't.
- If I swap lines 6 and 7 and call updateTime() nothing happens.

Please, enlighten me!

-- Alexandre Giuseppe de Fuccio Pereira.

2007/3/1, Christophe Charron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

2007/3/1, Alexandre Giuseppe de Fuccio Pereira <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to build my first XUL application and I can't find how to
> update a window title.
>
> I've tried:
>
> document.title = "new title";
>
> element = document.getElementById ("window");
> element.title = "new title"
>
> How can I do that?

The following code works :
**********************
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>
<window id="yourwindow" title="old title" xmlns="
http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul";>
<script type="text/javascript">
<![CDATA[
function pf_change_title(){
var win=document.getElementById("yourwindow");
win.setAttribute("title","Here is the new title, yeah !!");

}
]]>
</script>
<label value="Put your XUL here!"/>
<button label="change window title" oncommand="pf_change_title();"/>
</window>

Thanks,
> -- Alexandre Giuseppe de Fuccio Pereira

> your