Eugen Kimmerstorfer wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've just joined this mailing list. I'm sorry
> if I ask something for the second time.
>
> I'd like to know if there already exists something
> like requirements for an XML update language (as it
> does for XML query languages from the W3C)? If not,
> wouldn't it be a good idea to start collecting such
> requirements?

Currently there is a draft spec that started life as Lexus and was
donated to XML:DB by SMB GmbH. Beyond that there are no requirements
though you're right that it needs to be done. Since all of this is so
new we first need to define exactly what an XML database is. That
discussion just started on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list.

> My second question is about Quilt. I've read in the
> mailinglist archive that Jonathan Robie from the SAG
> is currently working on an update extension for Quilt.
> Is there a working draft available alrady? Will the
> extension be for the "EBNF" representation of Quilt or
> for the XML Schema / DTD version?

I don't know the official answer to this but I believe the stance being
taken with Quilt is to define the language in its original form and then
map it to XML.

> Thank you already in advance,
> Eugen K.
> Contact adminstrator:    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Read archived messages:  http://archive.xmldb.org/

Kimbro Staken
Chief Technology Officer
dbXML Group L.L.C