On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:24:24 +0200
"Jeroen Breedveld" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can someone tell me why there isn't a xupdate:move element defined
> representing the movement of a certain element from one position in an
> XML document to another? It seems to me that moving an element is faster
> than the deletion and insertion of elements with the same content.
>
> greetings,

Hi Jeroen,
thanks for reading (using?) the XUpdate specification. :-)

The spec was developed to provide an easy possibility to modify an
existing document. With this premise we decided to omit the "move"
method because one can achieve the same  with "delete" and "insert".
You're certainly right that "move" could be faster the solution.

The spec isn't finally, so why not extending the current spec in
the future? If there serious arguments for a "move" element I'm not
against an update.

Lars