Hello.

> liblzma cannot be used to decode data from .7z files except in certain
 > cases. This isn't a bug, it's a missing feature.

Thank you for detailed explanations.

It is worth to describe in python's lzma module document
why LZMA1 is only supported with FORMAT_ALONE(lzma_alone_decode).

I'd like to close a question and a report as resolved
and change python bugs ticket as a documentation issue.

 > Also note that .7z files tend to use BCJ2 for x86 code. liblzma doesn't
 > support the x86 BCJ2 filter at all because it isn't streamable (it
 > could be modified to be but then it's not compatible). So even if the
 > liblzma was improved to handle the lack of end marker in a better way,
 > you still couldn't decompress all .7z files. For .7z, LZMA SDK is the
 > way to go.

It is well documented in python documentation , so I've set it
as a limitation of my project.

There is  PyLZMA project a LZMA SDK binding,
and I'd like to use it for future to support LZMA2+BCJ2.

--
Hiroshi Miura