On 2021-01-28 Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 2021-01-24 23:56:15 [+0200], Lasse Collin wrote:
> > This way only one worker will be frequently locking the main mutex.
> > However, I haven't tried it and thus don't know how much this
> > affects performance in practice. One possible problem might be that
> > it may introduce a small delay in output availability when the main
> > thread switches reading from the next outbuf in the list.
>
> I did implement it as described, didn't I?

Yes, sorry, I didn't read carefully enough.

After the XZ for Java 1.9 release I wanted a short break but it's
already been a month. Outside the Java version there are multiple XZ
things to do (not all on xz-devel) and I think I should do a few of the
small ones first to shorten the list a little before your big threading
patch. I know my handling of the threading patch may at this point
appear both rude and ridiculous but I just don't get enough things
done, I'm really sorry. :-(

--
Lasse Collin  |  IRC: Larhzu @ IRCnet & Freenode