On 2021-04-04 Mario Blättermann wrote:
> But what ist the blocker which still prevents you from creating an
> intermediate tarball, send it to the TP coordinator and tell him to
> create a new domain named "xz-man"?

I suppose I had forgotten it. If there were other reasons, I have
forgotten them too. Sorry.

I suppose I can just submit a snapshot from the master branch.
xz-man.pot is compatible with v5.2 for now. xz.pot isn't compatible
between the branches though but if 5.2.6 is needed (impossible to know
now) maybe it's not that bad:

The command line tool translations in v5.2 have strings that are
difficult to get right. The master branch has such strings too but not
as many. For the 5.2.5 release, many translations didn't pass basic
quality control due to these strings. Some translators (individuals or
teams) replied to my emails about suggested white-space corrections,
some didn't. Thus multiple translations were omitted from 5.2.5. With
this background I feel that if 5.2.6 is needed I won't consider any
*new* xz.po files for it anyway; new xz-man.po languages would be fine.

--
Lasse Collin  |  IRC: Larhzu @ IRCnet & Freenode