Hello!

A bugfix release will be made around mid-August 2022. The German and
French translations of the man pages need updating. There are a few
small changes to the factual content but there are also style changes
which increases the number of strings that have been modified.

A pre-release snapshot from the v5.2 branch is available here:

    https://tukaani.org/xz/xz-5.2.5-85-g275de.tar.xz

A tiny thing: I changed the po4a --copyright-holder argument to "[See
the headers in the input files.]" since the three small man pages
inherited from GNU gzip are GNU GPLv2+. It affects the comment that
gets put on top of xz-man.pot.

The strings in the command line tools haven't changed since 5.2.5 or
even 5.2.4 apart from one string being removed completely. Jia Tan
fixed all white-space bugs from the pending translations so 5.2.6 will
have many new translations. :-)

With 5.2.6 I will also finally release 5.3.3alpha. The development
branch has some of the difficult string split into separate strings for
easier translation. I suppose 5.3.3alpha or a later snapshot could be
sent to the Translation Project somewhat soon and perhaps creation of
xz-man domain reconsidered at the same time since I got one new feedback
wishing for xz-man in the TP. Clearly there are people who wish to
translate man pages. :-)

I won't be on my computer for about two weeks so I won't be able to
reply to emails before that.

Thanks!

--
Lasse Collin