On 2024-02-28 13:00:08 [+0200], Lasse Collin wrote:
> > > There are also messages that are shown when memory limit does affect
> > > compressed output (switching to single-threaded mode and LZMA2
> > > dictionary size adjustment). The verbosity requirement of these
> > > messages isn't being changed now.
> >
> > This sounds like you accept this change in principle but are thinking
> > if V_VERBOSE or V_DEBUG is the right thing.
>
> Me and three other people on IRC think it should be changed but there
> is no consensus yet what exactly is the best (your patch, -v, or -vv).
> This is about the thread count messages only as (since 5.4.0) automatic
> thread count doesn't affect the compressed output.
>
> There is some discussion also here:
>
>     https://github.com/tukaani-project/xz/issues/89

I see. In that case let me throw this to V_DEBUG Debian wise and sync
with xz upstream once a new release is up or so. I have two packages
that fail because of this and dpkg added a workaround. So instead adding
another workaround to another package I would fix this on the xz side.
Sounds good?

Sebastian