OK, for following results of further calculations the shear modulus is always
3e7 and poisson ratio is always 0.3.
Note also, that viscous damping in shear direction doesnt influence the
flyback_height.
initial height is always 0.133

case 1: no local damping, viscous damping normal = 0.015

YADE: flyback_height                       = 0.1198912649
PFC (notension on): flyback_height = 0.12361
PFC (notension off): flyback_height = 0.12354

case2: local damping = 0.01, no viscous damping

YADE: flyback_height                       = 0.127960977322
PFC (notension on): flyback_height = 0.12769
PFC (notension off): flyback_height = 0.12769

case3: no damping at all

YADE: flyback_height                       = 0.133156194762
PFC (notension on): flyback_height = 0.1329
PFC (notension off): flyback_height = 0.1329

...hope it helps ...

I do not understand where the attractive force (in PFC notension off) comes
from, but the influence on the results is very low (see case1).
What is default in YADE, notension on or off?

Christian

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Yade
developers, which is the registrant for Yade.

Title:
  different behavoir of Hertz model while comparing PFC and YADE

Status in Yet Another Dynamic Engine:
  New

Bug description:
  Hello,

  During verifiing my model I compared output from PFC 4.0 with the
  output from YADE (bzr2877 on Debian Squeeze 64bit). There I found a
  different behavior between these two programs. I dont know if this is
  a bug or not, but I hope someone can explain the different behavior.

  The model itself is very simple. There are two spheres, an upper one and a
lower one. The lower one is fixed and the upper one is falling down to the
lower one, collides and jumps back. The value of interest is the flyback height
of the upper particle.
  In PFC I measure higher values of flyback height, then in YADE (see log-files
in the attachment).

  Can someone tell me why there is a difference in the flyback height?
  (input parameters are the same for both programs ... see
caller_two-spheres-jumping.dat for PFC and two-spheres.py for YADE)

  Regards,

  Christian Jakob