Václav Šmilauer said:     (by the date of Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:35:13 +0200)

> > I need to simulate mining rocks with possibility its destruction.
> > Can YADE lattice model be suitable for that? I can code C++ so I can
> > add my code.
> Janek's lattice model is only for concrete and is suitable only for
> tension, IIRC. So no, you need your own model for that; if you know c++,
> it should be fairly straightforward (but not necessarily easy). Vaclav

not exactly. lattice works with compression, but has one limitation
I never came around to fix - it doesn't have collision detection with
itself. Once something breaks into two halves, they can overlap if
they move onto each other. But I didn't need to fix this for my
calculations, because the deformations were so small, that if
something breaks - it doesn't move more than the crack size.

concrete is a fake rock, lattice will work for rock fracturing,
subject to collisions limitation. Adding collisions is possible by
enveloping a lattice mesh into a polyhedron and use collision
detection between polyhedrons. A bit of work, though.

Lattice can not do dynamics, though. No impacts, etc. Only
quasi-static simulations.