Question #162989 on Yade changed:

honzik proposed the following answer:

Hi Janaka,

>1. Whats "initSize"?. I use specimen (sand) of 200mm in heigh and 100mm in
>diameter in labaratory experiments. How can I simulate same conditions in Yade
>using "initSize?
peri3dController uses periodic boundary conditions on an aligned block. The
initial sphere packing is created by periodic (means using periodic boundary
conditions) triaxial compression from randomly placed spheres placed in a block
(cell) with __initSize__ dimensions. This dimensions is then reduced by the
compression, so the block is smaller then initSize.

>2. When I change "initSize" and radius in
>"sp=pack.randomPeriPack(radius=.........), into 0.1 and 0.0002285
>respectively, Yade didnt work properly and gave that ..............
>Considering packing (radius=0.05+or-0, N=986,
>dim=0.00431044x0.00431044x0.00431044,periodic,scale=0.00457), created Tue Jun
>REJECT: initSize differs too much from scaled packing size.
>Does this mean that there are limits on "initSize" and "radius"? If so, what
>are those limits?
No. This only means, that saved packing does not satisfies conditions of
current simulation (and is rejected) and new packing is creating.

>Note: D50 of sand used is 0.0002285m. I though thats equal to radius . I also
>thought "initSize" means diameter of the specimen, thats why I used 0.1m
>above.
initSize is Vector3(x,y,z) where x,y,z are initial dimensions of periodic cell,
so it is not cylindrical..

Regards
Jan