New question #191800 on Yade:

Hi all

In example , the box is usually 10*10*10 or 1*1*1, and particles size is
usually a bit larger than the size of real sand.

However, when I tried to model grenoble sand (d50 = 0.33mm), I use two contact
model

1, hertz model

2, Moment material model

in both model, after the isotropic compression, in the deviatoric compression
process, usually the strain response is

very very small. 1000 step just make the strain in y direction go forward about
1e-6 or 1e-7.

So it needs maybe month or year to  achieve a final strain in y of 0.3, say.

In my opinion, a high rigid modulus (usually quartz GPa), induce a  high P wave
speed, and a smaller size makes dt = r/ vp even

much more smaller than the usual sample in the tutorial(usually mod. = 1e5~6Pa,
and particle size .5m)

So I do not know how to deal with this ques.