New question #271430 on Yade:

Hello everybody.

I'm a little bit confused with types of frictional contact in Yade. Lets
consider CohFrictPhys class and 3 types of friction rolling, static and
kinetic.

In the documentation there are only static and kinetic friction well described
(I mean shear force computation for them), so where is rolling friction
coefficient and how shear force depends on it?

Also lets consider simple example: One sphere lies motionless on the plane
which is parallel to the ground (no cohesion links). Then we start to pull it
with the force parallel to the plane. So how Yade chooses what this sphere
should do (roll or slide) on the plane when maximum shear force is reached? (i
mean the end of static friction).

with regards Alexander

an answer contact for Yade.