Question #580450 on Yade changed:

Hi Felipe,
thanks for the complete scripts. I have tried them and did not find anything
wrong. Just to summarize:

> I have found divergences when i have apply the force on the surface and then
> I read the value that i recorded.
> When I read the force, I noticed that the applied values were different from
> 200.

it is simply because read force and applied force are intrinsically
different values, see my previous comments (you don't read the applied
(=prescribed)  force, you read total force applied on the body
(=prescribed force+forces from interactions)

> is it the correct way to apply the force on the surface? How can i be
sure that i really applied the force value on the surface?

yes, it is the correct way. You can be sure because you used the command
:-) You can also use O.forces.permF(someId) to check if a perment force
is set on body with id=someId (you can use this command to get
prescribed force and save it, maybe this is what you wanted from the
ForceRecorder?).

cheers
Jan

an answer contact for Yade.