Question #654642 on Yade changed:

Robert Caulk posted a new comment:
Hello Ozge,

>I bought a product called Parallels Desktop. It has 8GB ram and 4 vCPUs
for each VM.

You can adjust these values within the software preferences (assuming
your desktop has more of each to offer the software). I guess it would
be helpful for you to provide your mac system specs (RAM, CPU) here.

I have a feeling your mac has 8 GB of RAM total (correct me if I am
wrong). Don't forget, your mac needs RAM and CPU to run its own OS, and
parallels wants RAM to run Ubuntu. It is possible parallels is creating
vRAM, which would account for your slow downs.

>But, building only one package with 5000 particles using Yade takes 15
minutes !

Packing creation time depends entirely on how you are creating the
packing (randomDensePack, makeCloud, etc.) and the parameters you are
setting (e.g. porosity for randomDensePack). A minimal working example
(MWE) would be worth its bit weight in gold here :-)

>Running a simulation on this package for 200000 iterations takes very
long hours.

Depends on which simulation you are trying to run. I guess it would be
helpful if you provided that information as well.

Best,

Robert

an answer contact for Yade.