Question #658037 on Yade changed:

Austin Sutton posted a new comment:
Bruno,

Thank you for the detailed response. I figured that such a solution
would not be as simple as changing some settings in the interaction
loop, but I wanted to make sure before I tried modifying the source
code.

If I implemented the solution you proposed, would the interaction loop
look as follows?

O.engines=[
        ForceResetter(),
        InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(),Bo1_Facet_Aabb()]),
        InteractionLoop(
                [Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom(),Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom()],

[Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys,IP2_HertzMat_HertzMat_MindlinPhys()],

[Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack,Law2_ScGeom_MindlinPhys_Mindlin()])
        NewtonIntegrator(gravity=(0,-9.81,0),damping=0)]

--> "p.s. On a more physical aspect, I am wondering why sphere-facet
contacts should not follow Hertz-Mindlin. Theoretically it makes no
difference if one object in contact is a flat surface."

You're correct. The reason why I am doing this is because I want to add
adhesion through the DMT formulation (i.e. specifying the surface
energy, gamma) for particle-particle interactions. With my current
script, specifying the surface energy will apply adhesion not only to
the interacting particles, but also between particles and the facets,
which is undesirable at the moment. So, is there a way to add only
adhesion between the particles using Hertz-Mindlin contact?

Thanks!

an answer contact for Yade.