Question #659557 on Yade changed:

Luc Scholtès gave more information on the question:
Before reinstalling ubuntu 14, I would liek to ask if this problem coul
dbe related to the libsuitesparse-metis-dev that needs to be install
(cf. yade installation page).

When I tried to install it

sudo apt-get install libsuitesparse-metis-dev

Here is what I get:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libsuitesparse-metis-dev is not available, but is referred to by
another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it: libsuitesparse-dev:i386
libsuitesparse-dev
E: Package 'libsuitesparse-metis-dev' has no installation candidate

Following this message, I tried to install libsuitesparse-dev:i386 and
libsuitesparse-dev but, and it seems that I missed it the first time,
libsuitesparse-dev:i386 cannot be installed.

Here is what I get when I sudo apt-get install libsuitesparse-dev:i386:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.
 libsuitesparse-dev:i386 : Depends: libcholmod3.0.6:i386 (= 1:4.4.6-1) but it
is not going to be installed
                           Depends: libumfpack5.7.1:i386 (= 1:4.4.6-1) but it
is not going to be installed
                           Depends: libspqr2.0.2:i386 (= 1:4.4.6-1) but it is
not going to be installed
                           Depends: libblas-dev:i386 but it is not going to be
installed or
                                    libblas.so:i386
                           Depends: liblapack-dev:i386 but it is not going to
be installed or
                                    liblapack.so:i386

What should I do? Any suggestions about this? What do you guys have done
on Ubuntu 16.04?

Luc

an answer contact for Yade.