New question #663459 on Yade:

Hi all,

I am still a bit confused with the periodic boundaries and I am wondering if
there is a way to impose a pressure gradient with gradP such that the average
pressure in the cell is not equal to 0?

The idea is to see the effect of the average pressure on the directions
perpendicular to the flow in terms of effective stress. Right now, because
Paverage=0 (P varies between -gradP and +gradP along the direction of the
flow), increasing gradP does not affect the perpendicular stresses, at least
not as I thought it would if the gradient varied between 0 and gradP (or 2gradP
since there seems to be a factor 2 somewhere).

Luc

an answer contact for Yade.