New question #683390 on Yade:

Hello,

I am a beginner in Yade trying to create the simulation for a direct shear
test. I am using a faceted box to create the sample.
But I am unclear on how to provide a constant load at the top plate to simulate
the condition.

 I tried to use the triaxial stress controller but couldn't do it as the top
box of the sample has to move horizontally and Triaxial stress controller
doesn't work that way.  Kindly let me know your suggestions on how to achieve
this.

I can upload the code in launchpad if you need to take a look. If someone could
upload an example code for direct shear, I would be more than happy.

an answer contact for Yade.