Question #684944 on Yade changed:

Hello,

> I limit the degree of freedom of the plate except for the z-axis
motion.

before posting a question, please try to verify these easily verifiable
statements.
I have tried your code (with some debug prints in Compact function):
###
def Compact():
 global a
 print "a",a
 if a == 1:
  ldpltheight=max([b.state.pos[2]+b.shape.radius for b in O.bodies if
isinstance(b.shape,Sphere)])
  print "ldpltheight",ldpltheight
###
ldpltheight stays 0.6964 for very long time. It is >0.5, so the function
returns, leaving a=1 and the code does not reach the blockedDOFs setting..
So actually you do not limit the degree of freedom..

cheers
Jan

an answer contact for Yade.