New question #690841 on Yade:

Dear all,

I would like to obtain the scalar damage value (omega=0-1) from cpm model
without using VTK recorder.
Afterthat, I wanted to colour the spheres based on damage value using
scalarOnColorScale function. which requres,

yade._utils.scalarOnColorScale((float)x[, (float)xmin=0[, (float)xmax=1]]) →
Vector3

Parameters:

x (float) – scalar value which the function applies to.
xmin (float) – minimum value for the color scale, with a return value of
(0,0,1) for x ≤xmin, i.e. blue color in RGB.
xmax (float) – maximum value, with a return value of (1,0,0) for x ≥xmax, i.e.
red color in RGB.

Returns:

a Vector3 depending on the relative position of x on a [xmin;*xmax*] scale.

How can I get this x(float) parameter for this case?

Previously I have added the colour to fully debonded/damaged bonds using
following code running inside pyRunner,

def colorspheres():
        for i in O.interactions:
                if hasattr(i.phys, 'isCohesive'):
                        if i.phys.isCohesive == 0:
                                a=i.id1
                                b=i.id2
                                O.bodies[a].shape.color = (1,0,0)
                                O.bodies[b].shape.color = (1,0,0)

But now I want to color the spheres based on their damage value not only the
fully damaged  value

Could you please help me on this?

an answer contact for Yade.