New question #690997 on Yade:

Hi, everyone

I have a cubic sample with facets as boundaries on 4 of the sides, and plane
grids consisting of gridConnections on the 2 others.
I'm trying to get microstrain of the sample using TesselationWrapper, however,
the generated "strain.vtk" file cannot be opened in Paraview. I get error
message:

"ERROR: In
/build/paraview-lH8wFv/paraview-5.4.1+dfsg3/VTK/IO/Legacy/vtkDataReader.cxx,
line 3169
vtkUnstructuredGridReader (0x55557fd57790): Error reading ascii cell data! for
file:
/home/erik/Desktop/Membrane/TesselationTest/simData_27-5_12:53/strain.vtk "

I can visualize the results in Paraview just fine when using facets on all
boundaries generated with aabbWalls(..), but not with gridConnection
boundaries. I'm assuming it has something to do with either the "missing" facet
boundaries on 2 of the sides, or that the gridNodes/gridConnections are
creating problems for the tesselation.
Therefore, I'm wondering if there is anyway to specify the boundaries of the
tesselation other than using facets on all sides? Or decide which body ids
should be included in the tesselation? Any other workaround to this problem is
also very much appreciated!

Thanks!

an answer contact for Yade.