New question #691680 on Yade:

Hi all,

As we all know, contact normal orientation between a sphere and a wall/facet is
perpendicular to the wall/facet.

I want to know if a sphere hits the wall in an inclined direction (that is to
say, the sphere didn't hit the wall in the perpendicular direction), is the
contact normal orientation still perpendicular to the wall?

I know this is a silly and fundamental question, I just want to make sure the
contact normal orientation between the wall and spheres is always perpendicular
to the wall, no matter the sphere hits the wall in any directions.

best,

Yong

an answer contact for Yade.