Question #693506 on Yade changed:

Leonard is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,

I test your idea with two particles which works really fine!

I just have a question: For example, for one interaction in the model,
i.phys.normalForce.dot(i.geom.normal) is positive which represents that it is
compressive, does this apply for all the other interactions in the model? I.e.,
for other interactions whose  i.phys.normalForce.dot(i.geom.normal) is
positive, is the force compressive as well?
I have this question because in my impression, the direction of contact normal
unit vector "n" is arbitrary, not always orientates to the direction of
compression.

Thanks
Leonard

an answer contact for Yade.