Question #693698 on Yade changed:

Janek Kozicki posted a new comment:
Ouch. A missing include in [1]. I will fix this shortly. Thanks for
finding this out, and I'm sorry for problems.

In [2] I think that logging should work correctly. And the lack of
output only means that yade is not given a chance to "talk". So
undefined symbol happens before yade code starts loading plugins. Even
before Omega is constructed.

Thanks for printAllVersions() in [3]. This will be useful.

Yes, it seems that cmake is discovering VTK 9. And reinstalling VTK 6 is
not affecting cmake which prefers VTK 9. I am not sure why linking with
VTK 9 somehow goes wrong. However this is the first time when yade
encounters VTK 9. Latest version which we have in the pipeline is 8.2.
It is now difficult to include VTK 9 in the pipeline, because it is not
in any of the linux distros which we have in the CI. This problem could
be solved by fiddling with cmake or cmake invocation:

1. somehow force cmake to ignore VTK 9 and use VTK 6 instead
2. or find out what cmake using VTK 9 is missing when invoking linker after
compiling with VTK 9. Some '-lvtk_something' is absent here. And that's why it
cannot find the right vtk symbols.

an answer contact for Yade.