Question #698388 on Yade changed:

Nima Goudarzi is still having a problem:
Hi Robert.

Many thanks for getting back to me. Indeed, this was my first guess for an
unsuccessful simulation but something prevents me from attributing everything
to the inability of sound splitting when clumps are present. YADE splits the
domain per my request for the number of threads meaning that it is either able
to cross the boundaries beyond the whole clump or pass it through them. In the
latter case (if it is possible), the clumps are split at the boundaries which
could be the origin of the error I receive but I cannot verify if this is the
case. The other weird thing I'm encountering is that the simulation runs for a
few thousand iterations and then is terminated suddenly. I assume if YADE
cannot handle clumps, as you suggested, the simulation shouldn't even start.
Regarding this, I can consider the possibility of missing some mpi
customization for ranks and subdomains since I am using the automatic splitting
scheme from one of the mpi examples. Any thoughts on this possibility are also
welcome. To a lesser extent, I also am doubtful about the consistency of the
mpi with the engines I have used for translation and rotation of the imported
.stl file.
FYI, I sometimes get a similar error with imported purely spherical particles
and in a gravity collapse test.

Looking forward to hearing back from Bruno and taking any required
actions to resolve the issue.

Much obliged

Nima

an answer contact for Yade.