New question #699345 on Yade:

I am simulating the uniaxial compression of rock specimen in 2D using spheres.
However the bonding parameters such as cohesion and tensile strength are in the
magnitude about 1e10 Pa which is too high if I want to get a macro
stress-strain curve and UCS with the unit or magnitude MPa like the
experimental tests. The local stress field is also in the magnitude 1e10 Pa for
the solving result. But the magnitude of stress field in the experimental
uniaxial compression is 1e6 Pa. Hence, my question is that how o calibrate the
local stress magnitude as the experiment in  the numerical model.

an answer contact for Yade.