Question #701184 on Yade changed:

Gao Xiang posted a new comment:
Maybe I find some answers,similar to the 5# in
from the code,the definition is clear, and it seems  impossible to define a new
etaRoll between two materials except modifying the code.
contactPhysics->maxRollPl = min(sdec1->etaRoll*Da,sdec2->etaRoll*Db);
contactPhysics->maxTwistPl = min(sdec1->etaTwist*Da,sdec2->etaTwist*Db);

But I still want to know how to do  if I want to add the rolling resistance
parameters etaroll, (it sets zero firstly ) into model during simulations, the
following steps are right or not.
step 1: modify the materials properties
              O.materials[0].etaRoll=0.1
              O.materials[1].etaRoll=0.2
step 2:loop and modify the existing interaction? how to do in this step because
all the properties had been calculated
             calculated again in the loop, such as Kr and maxRollPl??
             or deleted the interaction and reset by O.interactions.clear() and
for id1,id2 in pairs: utils.createInteraction(id1,id2), will this affect the
simulation?
step 3:  update funtors ip2 or Law2,  is it necessary?
Thanks for the response!
Gao

an answer contact for Yade.