Question #703104 on Yade changed:

Nima Goudarzi posted a new comment:
Hi Jan,

Thanks for the comment. What I'm thinking is preserving the currently existing
periodic boundary conditions in YADE and doing a trick to impose the
entrance/exit of particles to/from two adjacent boundaries. This has been
implemented before in DEM (see for example "Development of a mixed boundary
environment for axi-symmetric DEM analyses"). I do not seek changes in the
geometry of the periodic cell but am looking to placing the corner of the cell
in the center of the cylindrical sample (please note that in the
circumferential direction, the boundary is not periodic) and somehow changing
the logic (C++) of locations of particles exit/reentry.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers

Nima

an answer contact for Yade.