   Flavor creation falls due to duplicate flavorid

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  Problems creating additional flavor types

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  I have installed devstack as of 9/2/2012 using the instructions from
devstack.org
  git clone http://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack.git

  I have installed the stack on a singe node Linux running Ubuntu
  Precise (12.04). See the "uname -a" information below

  vinay@ubuntu-desktop:/opt/stack/nova$ uname -a
  Linux ubuntu-desktop 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  vinay@ubuntu-desktop:/opt/stack/nova$

  I am trying to create additional flavor types using horizon dashboard.
  This is in addition to the already existing default ones (m1.tiny,
  m1.small, m1.medium etc). I was able to create five additional flavor
  types (testflavor1, testflavor2, testflavor3, testflavor 4 and
  testflavor5). They all have more or less the same parameters. See
  below.

        Flavor Name     VCPUs   RAM     Root Disk       Ephemeral Disk  ID
Actions
        m1.tiny 1       512MB   0       0       1
        m1.small        1       2048MB  20      0       2
        testflavor1     2       1024MB  10      10      6
        testflavor5     2       1024MB  20      20      10
        testflavor2     2       1024MB  20      20      7
        testflavor3     2       1024MB  20      20      8
        testflavor4     2       1024MB  20      20      9
        m1.medium       2       4096MB  40      0       3
        m1.large        4       8192MB  80      0       4
        m1.xlarge       8       16384MB 160     0       5

  However, when I try to create testlfavor6 (the sixth flavor), I get an
  error message saying "Unable to create flavor" in the pop-up box on
  the upper right corner.  On my screen window running nova-api, I get
  the following error message

  2012-09-03 07:59:24 INFO nova.api.openstack.wsgi
[req-94f09348-dfd2-44af-8053-3682e41943f4 admin admin] HTTP exception thrown:
Instance Type testflavor6 already exists.
  HTTP exception thrown: Instance Type testflavor6 already exists.

  This is not correct as testflavor6 did not exist before. I tried
  several times and I seem to run into weird problems when the number of
  flavor types created exceed more than 10. I am also running into
  issues when I try to delete multiple or even single flavor types. It
  could be a problem with my setup but I don't think so.