** Changed in: keystone

    Milestone: None => havana-3

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Keystone.

  token provider/format defaults and uuid unexpected behavior

Status in OpenStack Identity (Keystone):
  Fix Released

Bug description:

  A couple of configs where it doesn't look like the Keystone server is acting
correctly.

  Config 1: Defaults for both token_format and provider.

  [signing]
  # Deprecated in favor of provider in the [token] section
  #token_format = PKI

  [token]
  driver = keystone.token.backends.sql.Token
  # Provides token persistence.
  # driver = keystone.token.backends.sql.Token

  - says
  keystone.conf [signing] token_format is deprecated in favor of keystone.conf
[token] provider

  I don't have token_format set, so Keystone shouldn't be complaining.

  Config 2: don't set token_format because it deprecated, use uuid provider.

  [signing]
  # Deprecated in favor of provider in the [token] section
  #token_format = PKI

  [token]
  driver = keystone.token.backends.sql.Token
  # Provides token persistence.
  # driver = keystone.token.backends.sql.Token

  # Controls the token construction, validation, and revocation operations.
  provider = keystone.token.providers.uuid.Provider

  - server fails to start, saying
   keystone.conf [signing] token_format (deprecated) conflicts with
keystone.conf [token] provider

  I'm not using token_format because it's deprecated, so the server
  shouldn't fail to start when I don't use it with uuid provider.