Public bug reported:

Currently there is a force_config_drive config item for each compute
node.  A VM migrated from host w/ force_config_drive  to a host w/o it
will lost the config_drive, this is not so good. Currently it's ok
because most of the config drive information is only used at launch
time.

According to the comments , it's be better to be based on image
property.

One thing need consider is rebuild. A image is changed when rebuilding,
and I think if new image has no property for config drive, there should
be no config drive for it. Thus we have to distinguish between the
config_drive requirement from user and from image property.

** Affects: nova

  force_config_drive should be based on image property

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):